Environmental Respect By the Numbers
Since the Environmental Respect Awards launched in 1990, the program has recognized and honored the achievements of retailers and distributors around the world for excellence in stewardship practices and the safe use of agricultural products. The following provides some statistics on 22 years of stewardship:
- Since 1990, more than 5,400 U.S. retailers have entered the Environmental Respect Awards and shared their stewardship initiatives.
- Of those 5,400 retailers, more than 400 have won U.S. state awards, 133 have taken home regional honors and there have been 22 U.S. national winners.
- The international extension of the Environmental Respect Awards, the World of Respect, began in 2004 with 4 entries from the Asia Pacific region.
- In the 7 years since the launch of the World of Respect, there have been more than 400 entrants from 25 countries in 12 regions of the world.
- The World of Respect has honored 119 Merit winners, 45 Country Champions, and 36 Ambassadors of Respect from 25 countries since 2004.
- Five Environmental Respect Award national winners have taken the stewardship message overseas through the Environmental Respect World Tour program.
- The Environmental Respect Awards has reached a total of more than 5,800 retailers and distributors from 25 countries and 12 regions of the world.
- Since 1990, the message about stewardship and the safe use of agricultural chemicals has been taken to more than 285 elected officials on Capitol Hill.
- Communication about the importance of agricultural environmentalism has been sent to thousands of U.S. local newspapers, media agencies, U.S. and international associations and government officials since the program's launch in 1990.