Twenty-one top farm supply retail businesses have been selected as Environmental Respect Award state/provincial winners in North America. The winners are:
- Home Oil Company — Manila, Arkansas
- The Andersons, Inc. — Immokalee, Florida
- Ag Partners, L.L.C. — Albert City, Iowa
- Simplot Grower Solutions — Moreland, Idaho
- United Prairie, LLC — Tolono, Illinois
- Crop Production Services — Rochester, Indiana
- Mid Kansas Coop — Inman, Kansas
- Speed Ag Service, LLC — Hickman, Kentucky
- Crop Production Services — Winnsboro, Louisiana
- Crop Production Services — Tunica, Mississippi
- Crop Production Services — Vanceboro, North Carolina
- Crop Production Services — Beatrice, Nebraska
- Crop Production Services — Artesia, New Mexico
- Crop Production Services — Fancher, New York
- Helena Chemical Company — Blackwell, Oklahoma
- Crop Production Services, Timberland Division — Salem, Oregon
- Crop Production Services — Kingstree, South Carolina
- Crop Production Services — Ethelton, Saskatchewan
- Crop Production Services — Lemberg, Saskatchewan
- Crop Production Services — Hillsboro, Tennessee
- Helena Chemical Company — Wharton, Texas
The Environmental Respect Awards, sponsored by DuPont Crop Protection and CropLife® magazine, are the agricultural industry’s highest recognition for environmental stewardship. The Awards are given to agricultural retailers, those who serve farmers and ranchers with the nutrients, crop protection and agronomic information and services critical to effective crop production.
2015 marks the program’s 25th year honoring stewardship, safety and community outreach efforts of the world’s leading agricultural retailers and distributors.
“DuPont is pleased to congratulate the winners of the 2015 Environmental Respect Awards and applauds their accomplishment in environmental stewardship,” said Rik Miller, president, DuPont Crop Protection. “These leaders are helping to advance environmental safety as well as the safe use of agricultural products, and we hope they will inspire others who share our passion and commitment to elevate environmental stewardship around the world.”
“It’s through the conscientious efforts of these ag businesses and the crop producers they serve that this nation is assured of a safe and bountiful food supply,” said Paul Schrimpf, executive editor of CropLife magazine. “We’re delighted to be able to provide them recognition for their environmentalism.”
These businesses were selected by a panel of industry experts and won the award based on excellence in site design, in-plant storage and handling procedures, proper application and leadership in safety and stewardship among customers and employees.
Members of the 2015 selection committee included Kelli Bray, CropLife America, Washington, D.C.; Robert Magee, DuPont Crop Protection, Houston; Eric Davis, CropLife magazine, Willoughby, Ohio; Don Renchie, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service; Joseph Szafran, DuPont Crop Protection, Wilmington, Del.; John Oster, Morral Companies, Morral Ohio; Don Clagg, DuPont Crop Protection, Wilmington, Del.; John Hester, Context Network, Des Moines; and Daniel Weber, Ceres Solutions, Terre Haute, Ind. Paul Schrimpf, CropLife magazine, Willoughby, Ohio, chaired the committee and moderated the selection process.
Each state/provincial winner will receive the distinctive Environmental Respect Award personalized crystal sculpture. Winners also receive a press campaign and a public relations kit.